18 February 2012

An Introduction

So, as you may have already guessed, I'm a depressed aspie. I've been battling depression for pretty much my whole life and was diagnosed 14 years ago. I was just diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome this year and the diagnosis has been very helpful in explaining some of my quirks. I've had a lot of difficulty with the "lovely" Canadian mental health system over the years and this has inspired me to become a mental health activist. Also, my negative experiences may become fruitful if I ever get around to writing a book (I try to think positively).
While I have few/no friendships, I have managed an 8 year relationship with my fiance. I'm still not sure that I am truly compatible with him, or anyone for that matter, so the relationship remains a source of stress. Also, I'm asexual, so that does complicate things!
I have a number of obsessions and special interests. I love cats, owls, turkeys, and penguins. I also love astrophysics, pharmacology, pathophysiology, and psychology. Strange mix, I know! I am obsessed with books, correctness, efficiency, truthfulness, and emergency preparedness.
I still live with my parents, even though I am nearing 28, because I haven't been confident in my ability to look after myself, an apartment, and my cats - all at the same time. I am hoping to move out later this year when I go back to college, and I think I might actually be ready!
So, I guess that gives a rough idea of who I am, quirks and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment