25 June 2012

Overwhelmed!

So, I'm moving out of my parents house for the first time in about a month. I've just quit smoking a month ago. My dad is suffering from some kind of self-esteem issues and thinks he's ugly, old, and fat. My mom seems to be experiencing the early stages of dementia. Oh, and I go back to college in September in a different city. So life is currently quite overwhelming. I have a lot of things I need to do to get ready to move out, and now I'm worried about both my parents... I just don't know what to do with this. My mom accidentaly consumed iodine last week because she thought it was something else and I had to call poison control for her. My dad shaved off his mustache today because he thinks he's ugly. I got drunk while sorting through old files and shredding old bank statements. I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to be "the responsible one" and I'm terrified.

2 comments:

  1. ilikeowls15/8/12 18:51

    I'm so sorry you have to deal with so much at once. I can understand why you're terrified. Maybe going to college in a different town will give you some space. Still, I know the transition is tough. Please look into the counseling services at your college, they might be able to help you. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete